Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1510 Week 4

Finally a topic I like! Factoring. Sorry! Love it! Yes, at times it can be a bit tedious, but I really like it. I am not sure if I really like it because I like it, or if I like it because I actually get it. It might be a little of both. This was a subject that took a lot of notebook paper and well, determination. I had to do a lot of figuring things out.


The think that really helped me through this area was the "rules". If you want to see if a number is divisible by 2, just follow the rule. Does 7 go into 65734 evenly? Follow the rules. Here is an example:

56743

Is it divisible by 2? Well, you could start some long division or grab your calculator. OR ask yourself this question. Is the last digit even? Nope. Well, guess what? The rule says if it does not end in an even number it is not divisible by 2. Go ahead, try it.....

Here is another one....Is it divisible by 3? Add it up! 5+6+7+4+3=25. 3 does not go into 25 evenly. So no it is not divisible by 3.

Last one, is it divisible by 6? Well, if it not divisible by 2 AND 3, then it is not divisible by 6.

Come on......it's too easy and I like it.

Here is a little song from youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment