Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1512 Week 5

Geometry, Geometry and more Geometry. Sigh.

Let's face it, I am not excited about geometry. Instead of talking about geometry this week, I am going to talk about staying excited as a teacher. Even when I don't really like the subject.

So......how do you make it fun? I think hands on is a great way to make it fun. So have the students draw geometric shapes like triangles, sort shapes and draw reflections. A favorite website of mine is Enchanted Learning http://www.enchantedlearning.com/math/geometry/shapes/ this site gives worksheets on many different subjects. I just love it.

Games are another way to make geometry fun. Brain pop is a great resource for games and interactive quizzes that help the class work together as a team. http://www.brainpop.com/math/geometryandmeasurement/

I also think making it relevant to students will help to make it more fun. Use colors and music and draw in the excitement. And be a little silly. It is okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment